Going into EDCI 336, I had no idea what to expect. My experiences with educational technology are very limited; in school, the only platform I had to learn how to maneuver was Google Classroom, and I didn’t have to use it very often. Coming into this course during a time where nearly all of my schooling is online is quite fitting, but at the same time it can be quite overwhelming. At times I feel so disconnected with my online schooling, none of the online tools have come close to resembling the dynamic and overall feeling of being inside a classroom. However, even though I can’t wait for the day to be in the same room as all of my classmates, this pandemic has provided me with the opportunity to grow as a learner and educator.

Before this semester I was very content with staying inside my comfort zone when it came to school, but now I have been pushed to swap my pen and paper for a laptop and build my online skill set. Right now I am nowhere near being considered technologically savvy, but I hope that I can move towards that as EDCI 336 progresses. My goal for myself is to retain the skills that I will learn in this course and apply them to education so that I can create a richer, more enhanced learning experience for myself and my future students.